Come with me on this beautiful journey of my new normal.
Hello my loves! Happy love day. I hope all of you are gearing up for a day full of fun and romance; or maybe even a full weekend full who knows? Well today’s post is going to be a little different. Today I want to maybe help some people, congratulate some people and share some facts. Don’t worry though they all revolve around this day of love called Valentines.
So first I want to start out with hopefully helping some of y’all out. I know a lot of you are VERY busy like me and may have forgotten to plan anything for Valentines so here is a simple date idea to help you out.
MYSTERY DINNER DATE!
This is an easy, maybe cheap, date idea the my husband and I have used several times and can be super fun and romantic.
- A cup or a jar
- Popsicle sticks (10-12)
- A sharpie
- A blindfold
So real easy. Write the name of a different restaurant on the Popsicle sticks. Put the sticks in the cup or jar. Blindfold your significant other and hand them the cup and let them choose one stick. Go to the restaurant for dinner. Enjoy being spontaneous and just feeling young again!
Second I would like to wish a very happy anniversary to my uncle Randy and aunt Linda! I am so happy you guys found each other and have been together for so long. I love you both so much and wish you many more anniversaries, Congratulations!
Last I wanted to share some interesting history about Valentines day I found. This could be some great material if you have a first date tonight or just want to impress a history buff like myself.
- Valentines day comes from the Roman festival of Lupercalia. The festival was to celebrate Spring, Fertility and lovers.
- Lupercalia was replaced at the end of the 5th Century. Pope Gelasius 1 renamed the day Saint Valentines Day.
- Although named in the 5th Century St.Valentines was not celebrated as romantic until the end of the 14th Century.
- It’s believed St.Valentines is romantic because Saint Valentine of Terni secretly defied the Emperor and married couples to save the husbands from war.
- Formal handmade Valentines first appeared in the 1500’s and by the late 1700’s were being commercially made. Although the U.S. didn’t start commercially making Valentines until the late 1800’s.
- It’s believed that Cupid,hearts, and birds are the most popular pictures for Valentines because they symbolize the origin of Valentines, the base of the emotion of love, and the Spring.
- Saint Valentines day is very popular and is most commonly celebrated in:
- The U.S.
- South Korea
- The Philippines where Valentines day is common day for mass weddings and mass anniversaries.
Well guys remember, today is about love. Love yourself, love others, and love the world. I hope at the very least you learned some cool facts. As always love Bennita’s House.
Hi guys! Happy love month! I hope you all have enjoyed your week thus far and enjoyed the saving map I posted last week and that wonderful Honey Garlic Chicken Courtney’s house posted. I hope this month is going great and full of love! Now speaking of love I know some of you have school aged littles and in the spirit of love send Valentines with them for the whole class. It’s so cute and adorable and some of you just remembered the fact that Valentine’s day is tomorrow and are now panicking about it. Well fear not cause fairy Godmother Bennita is here with a fun and simple idea to make valentines. I am a D.I.Y. person so as per usual I am making Rayne’s Valentines. This year we are doing robots with dino cards so today I will explain how to make robots!
- Nerds candy (The funsized boxes)
- Now or Laters or Starburst candies (2 for each robot)
- Googly Eyes
- Smarties or DumDum suckers (2 for each robot)
- Airheads candy (The funsized ones)
- Juice Boxes
- Heart shaped candy (Feel free to use heart crayons or heart slime you can buy like I did)
- Hot Glue
This craft is super simple and if you have a older child it’s super great to have them help! LET’S GO!
- STEP 1: This step is totally optional but if you want to make heart shaped crayons just go buy a heart shaped silicone mold, break up different crayons and put them in the molds and melt the crayons in the oven at 250 degrees ferinheight until melted then remove from the oven and let cool one hour.
- STEP 2: Carefully glue two googly eyes onto the nerds box whatever side you would like to be the front face of your robot.
- STEP 3: Carefully glue on one Now or Later or one Starburst one each side of the Nerds box to act as ears to your robot.
- STEP 4: Carefully hot glue the nerds box onto the top of your juice box.
- STEP 5: Carefully hot glue one smarties roll or one sucker on each side of your juicebox to act as arms.
- STEP 6: Carefully hot glue airhead to the bottom of your juice box to look like a long foot pole.
- STEP 7: Carefully hot glue crayon heart, chocolate heart or slime heart to middle of juicebox.
- STEP 8: Look in awe at the cute robot you and/or your little made!
Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoy the pictures of Rayne’s little robots and I also included her little dino cards I made that were very simple. I designed them on avery design and print using the business card setting and print and cut them at home. I really hope this helps some of you. As always Love Bennita’s House.
A few weeks ago I posted a habit tracking challenge and to be honest it hasn’t really been working for me. In some ways I am a very detail oriented person except when it comes to my day to day life. I like to think of myself as a great stay at home girlfriend but in reality I let a lot of things just coast by until it is so built up that it creates unnecessary stress.
With my original generic habit tracker it really did give me leeway to just put things off until the end of the day. I would wait until an hour before Sean got home and rush to finish my list. This isn’t a good way of doing it.Continue reading “Reorganizing My Routine”
Hello everyone. I hope you all had a great week. Today Courtney and I decided to kind of tag team. On Wednesday of last week Courtney’s house posted money saving tips for adults and today we figured why not include the littles in saving money towards a goal. Now I can’t take full credit for this so lets give a big shout out to my beautiful co-creator Courtney for making this great printable for us!Continue reading “Kids Money Savings Map”
I found this recipe a few years ago and before I made it I wasn’t too sure if Sean would like it because he is very VERY picky about his food. Chicken is one of those foods that can be really hit or miss with him and sometimes it is hard to find a recipe he truly loves.
I am happy to report that he really loved this one!Continue reading “Honey Garlic Chicken”
In December I posted my 52 week savings plan and I wanted to expand that a little more. Besides trying to save all year to an end goal I also have savings goals throughout the year. Rather than one large goal, I also save for things we need or want. Depending on what it is the timeline can be anywhere from a month to the whole year.Continue reading “Savings Goals”
I am here to confess that I haven’t really been following my own advice in my ‘5 Ways I’m Staying Motivated‘ post. So today I am starting at 30 Day Habit Challenge to help myself build healthy and consistent habits.
Most of the time I have a general list of things I need to do for the day and I do them but other things fall to the side if I don’t have something to check off. This can include something as simple as remembering to eat lunch because it wasn’t on my list of things to do. Seems kind of crazy to forget to eat lunch but when you’re focusing on other things hours can just fly by.Continue reading “Get Organized – Habit Tracker Challenge”
Hello again guys! Sorry for the silence. This last week has been crazy. Today I want to take the chance to recap all the birthdays we had in this fabulous new month including a new BABY! So without further adieu let’s recap and meet our birthday people!!!!
So, let’s start out this birthday celebration with our newest edition! Little peanut (NOT his real name)! Peanut was just born to my gorgeous adopted sister! We waited so long for his arrival and my husband wishes he would have waited just one more day but we are so blessed to finally have him here! Happy Birthday tiny one.Continue reading “BIRTHDAY RECAP 01/2020”
The simple update is that I have been on a bit of a break because I have been sick for almost two weeks now! (insert an exhausted face here)
I am someone who doesn’t really leave the house on a daily bases so my immune system isn’t really the greatest and I am usually the first one to catch a cold in the winter. Add to that a trip to Vegas and you have the perfect recipe for a majorly stuffy nose and cough. I was actually really surprised that I didn’t end up sick in Vegas because I usually do towards the end of our trips.
With it still being January and all I thought maybe I would throw in a little look into some of my plans with the blog.
- Continue posting Monday’s and Wednesday’s.
- Improve the SEO.
- Maybe take some classes on SEO first…
- Find some Sponsorship’s.
- Actually post a video on my YouTube channel and link it and write a post about it.
I know this a short and simple post but I need to take some more medicine and maybe lay down.
So I know a lot of you are going to wonder just why I am posting a copycat KFC gravy recipe when I very clearly just made country gravy (Or white gravy/sausage gravy) for my husbands birthday the other day and the simple answer is… Well because now I have to gear up for my step daughters birthday and much like her daddy she loves gravy and comfort food and up until about a year ago I always had to go to KFC to get her gravy because that was her favorite…Continue reading “Copycat copycat KFC Gravy”